Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Camera - Canon 50D

The latest addition to the Surf the Dream family is the new Canon 50D.

I've done a quick write up on my other SurftheDream site, New Canon 50D.

For now though I thought I'd show you a couple of snaps that I took around the garden at Paulie G's house.

First off we have me, with the camera, in the mirror using the monochrome setting.


Now to the garden.

I spotted a little catapiller chowing down on some leafy goodness. Using the macro setting I zoomed in a little, manual focused the little bugger (with AF the brown leaves in front were in focus)


And this is the same photo after a bit of zooming and cropping in Photoshop CS4.


This is all done with the pictures taken as super fine large JPG's. Next stage will be to use the RAW files and see if I can get a little bit more out of the picture...... maybe the amoeba on the flea that's chewing on the caterpillar who's sucking some leafy goodness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I would do without it Oh I know all the rumours are true

The shutter speed of this canon and 15 meg cmos sensor is awesome

Mike said...

Sold! When I get a little more Cash ill be calling cameta camera and getting a Canon 50 too. I like your pictures