Saturday, August 02, 2008

Synchronise Nokia 6085 with iSync

This is a bit out of left field for this blog, but it was a handy pick up for me at this stage of my life.

Three days ago I lost my camera sometime during a Carbine Club luncheon at the Darwin Convention Centre. I was lucky enough to only lose a few photos from the preceding day at the races for teh Colemans Cup, and of course allowed me to update to a new and improved camera.

It did get me thinking though, what if it had been my mobile phone that I lost? It would mean the loss of 18 months worth of travel phone numbers..... contacts in Hawaii, New York, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Mexico, Bali, Spain, United Kingdon, Ireland, Germany, Nicaragua and more.......

To avoid that I did a quick search and came across this tutorial on Synchronising your Nokia 6085 with Mac Isync.

http://www.james-lloyd.com/2007/09/11/nokia-6085-isync-plugin/

It works and treat and now all my Nokia 6085 contacts happily reside on my phone, laptop, and my ipod.

No comments: