Saturday, October 11, 2008

Big Wave Surfing - Gethin Jones Danger Hunters

Today is the first nice day of weather we've had in London for the past week, and thankfully it has fallen onto a weekend.

As usual though my head was a little cloudy in the morning thanks for a few after work drinks and then a few more catching up with Michelle.

I couldn't do a day on the couch today though as I had to prepare my footage and head off to Oxford Circus to drop it into a post production office.

What footage, what for? Well I'm glad you asked or this would be an even more pointless post.

A company called Summer Films have been doing an episode of Gethin Jones' Danger Hunters with Al Mennie and Andrew Cotton for their big wave surfing in Ireland. We've been talking over the past few months about getting together the next time they were out filming so that I could get into the water and do some filming with my HV20 SPL water housing, but every time they were ready to film I was either in Australia, filming the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona or sunning during the summer in Europe.

They have reached post production now and have asked to review the waves that Al surfed back in December last year in Mullaghmore, Ireland.

Fingers crossed that some of my clips get in as not only will I pick up a small fee for the footage, but I'll also get a mention in the credits for doing the filming. Hey, it's a shameless plug for myself but it's a pretty good way to start to get my name out in the field.

As for the rest of today, I've gone back to the first days of London when I would sit in at Apostrophe cafe and look out of St Paul's while catching up on my blog......... but as with everywhere times are tough and the cafe is starting to get stingey with their coffees.............. for god's sake I asked for a medium!


Now that I've finished that coffee I'm noticing that everyone seems to be walking around in slow motion like that episode of Futurama........ it's really starting to worry me. It involves one of the best quotes I've ever heard, and is one of the best moments in cartoon history.

Bender: You seem a tad wound up, buddy. And your face is greasy. Real greasy. You been up all night?
Fry: Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee! I need a nap. (He falls asleep, then wakes up) Coffee time!
Bender: (Gets out Le Grand Cigar) Ah, mighty fine smokable.
Fry: Fancy cigar, why don't you smoke it already? Puff, puff, gogogogogo!


I guess I better head back to the counter and get another coffee to calm my nerves.

No comments: