Friday, February 16, 2007

Round The World Trip Begins Today

I'm going to go so far as to say that this is the first day of my round the world trip.

There's been pre planning, things that have led up to this moment, but nothing quite as significant so far.

The trip is booked!

The tickets are paid for!

The taxes (damn taxes) are paid for!

And, against my better (some would say foolish) judgement the travel insurance is covered.

While it has taken a fairly substantial chunk out of my savings it is the first real step forward.

And what better night then the night I start Spanish classes.

Being back in a school classroom is bizarre, and what's worse is it is my old school. It's quite funny that on a day of beginnings I have a myriad of memories from 10 years ago come flooding back.

Ask yourself what has changed over the past 10 years and you'll struggle to come up with anything of significance, but if you look closely it's been nothing but significant in producing the person you are today.

So what will the next few months leading up until 19th May 2007 bring? I can only imagine it will be over awed of what the 11 months following will bring not just to expand my mind and broaden my horizons, but reshape the person I am.

No comments: