Monday, June 04, 2007

Moving in to the North Shore

While Waikiki is nice, beautiful in fact, the North Shore is closer to the real Hawaii.

Having said that, you really need to island hop to get the real hawaii, but this is a pretty good start.

Everything on the North Shore seems a little bit slower, a little more relaxed. In fact, about 30 minutes after arriving I was sat up in a Hammock with my guitar and my book on Zen Buddhism and felt more relaxed then I can remember.

Yesterday was a chill out day. There's a free shuttle out to the north shore which takes about an hour, nice when you don't have to catch the bus and stop at every stop on the way (Pearl Harbour took HOURS to get to).

Everyone is really chilled here.

I caught up with Erin down at the beach and got to see a pretty kick ass sunset. Nearly go so far to say that the sunsets here in Hawaii are as good as Darwin........ nearly. Half way through I turned to check out the sky behind me and was greeted with this............
I can't work out how to turn the photo's around, how long have I been out of work???

One of the workers here, Ricardo, put on a bbq last night. $7 all you can eat, a backpackers dream! A bunch of us went up with beers and sat around gorging ourselves on the cheap meal and talking about where we're going and where we've been. Loads of people seemed to have done my trip, but in reverse, so I've got lots of good places to check out. One the guy's said that in Honduras he paid $220 US to go diving..... but not just diving.

$220 got him 4 nights accommodation, PADI certified plus 2 free dives after certification. Sounds like something too good to pass up. Phildo, is you can fly to Honduras apparently it is one of THE places to dive in the world.

The lights go out here at 11.15, so it was off to the beach for more beers............ Everything goes a bit hazy from then on, but lots of fun was had!

Today it's off to Shark Cove for some diving, so I'd best get off the computer and get out in the sun.

lots of love to you all!

No comments: